There are many reasons to remove wisdom and I am happy to discuss your particular symptoms or problems.
Here are some of the more common reasons for wisdom tooth removal
- To avoid further and more complicated impactions
- To reduce the chance of infection from a partially erupted wisdom tooth
- To remove any foodtraps created by a partially erupted wisdom tooth
- To prevent harm to adjacent teeth
- To avoid the formation of cysts
- To reduce potential crowding and optimise orthodontic treatment by lessening the effects of pushing and crowding on remaining teeth as the wisdom teeth try to move forward or erupt.
- To remove or prevent problems like pain, swelling and/or infection associated with eruption/partial eruption of wisdom teeth.
Links for further information